Words cannot describe my love for the Makeup Geek Vegas Lights Palette ($37.99). While this beautiful selection of shades look gorgeous on nearly everyone, I especially love the way the warmth of this palette makes blue eyes pop! I’ve had my eye on this beauty for a while so I was really excited to get a chance to get my paws on it.
OVERALL REVIEW: 9
Packaging: Sturdy, functional and practical. These pans can easily be removed and replaced with different pans which is wildly convenient. 10/10
Longevity: Paired with my usual primer, these eyeshadows still looked great at the end of the day. 9/10
Application: In general, this palette applied like a dream but I found Bada-Bing to be hard to blend. 7/10
Texture: Most of these shades are insanely smooth but Bada-Bing was definitely on the stiffer side. 9/10
Makeup Geek is quickly becoming one of my favorite makeup brands. I love that they make affordable yet high quality products that are easily customizable to suit your own personal preferences.
The Makeup Geek Vegas Lights Palette is no exception here. One of the things that I adore about this palette is the packaging. It’s sturdy cardboard with a mirror that’s actually large enough to see what you’re doing and be useful. All of the pans in this palette are magnetic and easily removable so if you run out of one of these shades or simply want to switch some of these shades out with different eyeshadow pans for travel or whatever other reason, it’s easy breezy to do so. This isn’t something that you often see in pre-assembled eyeshadow palettes so I think it’s nice how buyer friendly this is.
I’m a real sucker for reds, oranges and just warm shades in general so these eyeshadows are right up my alley! Nearly all of these shadows are incredibly smooth, soft and blendable with fantastic color payoff. The one exception I found here was with Bada-Bing. It was just noticeably stiffer than the other shades in this palette and I found it to be difficult to blend but all of the other shades were just spot on.
- Casino – Shimmery deep gold with orange undertones
- Sin City – Shimmery golden apricot
- Roulette – Shimmery rosy burnt red. One of my favorites in the palette. It’s the perfect easily wearable red shade.
- Mirage – Pale beige with silky finish. I actually think this is my favorite shade in the palette because it is seriously the perfect highlighting shade for me! Prior to Mirage, MAC’s Vanilla was my go-to under brow highlight but Mirage is taking its place. It’s so smooth, so perfectly visible yet natural looking on light skin and just has this gorgeous silky not quite matte finish. AKA my new everything.
- Desert Sand – Matte medium terracotta.
- Bada-Bing – Deep brown with flecks of gold. Gorgeous shade but difficult to blend and apply evenly.
And here is a little look I did using all of the shades in the Makeup Geek Vegas Lights Palette! I’ve got Desert Sands blended out throughout my crease, Roulette on the outer portion of my lid, Sin City in the inner portion of my lid, Casino in my inner corner, Mirage as an under brow highlight and Bada-Bing to deepen the outer area. I’ve paired it with Red Cherry Lashes in #43.
So what are your thoughts on these shades? Let me know what you guys think of the Vegas Lights Palette or just Makeup Geek in general!